Eric LeckiePrincipal Attorney
Trial Lawyer, USMC Jag Officer & Former Prosecutor
Eric Leckie’s experience begins with a national tragedy. While in law school, he witnessed the destruction during 9/11 when he worked on the “bucket brigade” lines at ground zero in New York City. He decided then that he wanted to serve as Judge Advocate in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Eighteen months later, he was the operational law chief in Kabul, Afghanistan for the Combined Forces Command. As an active duty Marine Officer, he spent nearly 12 years as a Judge Advocate.
Contact Invictus Law for your initial consultation.
Following his time on active duty, Eric Leckie has established a private practice in the Hampton Roads area, while continuing to serve as a Marine JAG Reservist.
He is an experienced trial attorney, bringing more than a decade of legal experience to the defense of clients facing charges ranging from simple misdemeanor offenses to more serious felony charges in both state and federal criminal courts.
A Life of Service
He is a dedicated military officer and attorney you can trust with your freedoms and future. He swore an oath and spent his career defending the constitution abroad. Now he serves his clients by fighting to preserve their liberty and to protect their constitutional rights in court every day
- Rutgers College, B.A.
- Seton Hall University School of Law – J.D.
- Naval Post Graduate School - Masters – National Security Affairs
- Expeditionary Warfare School, Quantico VA – Certificate
- Former Prosecutor
- US Marine Corps Judge Advocate (JAG)
- Command / Staff Judge Advocate
- Licensed to appear in State and Federal Court
- Military Operational Law Advisor
Awards & Recognition
- Avvo Rating of 10.0 Superb in Criminal Defense
- Named in Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers
- The Nation’s Top 1% by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADCL)
- Avvo Top Contributor
- Certificate of Appreciation by American Bar Association
- Coastal Virginia Top Lawyers
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys - 10 Best Client Satisfaction
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal (1 Star) by Combined Forces Command Afghanistan
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal by Combined Forces Command - Afghanistan
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal by MCAS Cherry Point Joint Law Center
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal by Marine Corps Training and Advisory Group
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal by Marine Corps Training Advisory Group
- Navy and Marine Corps Meritorious Service Medal by Marine Corps Training and Education Command
Professional and Civic Associations
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- American Institute of Legal Counsel
- The Virginia State Bar Association
- The New Jersey State Bar Association
In the Community
- Greenbrier Country Club Board of Governors
- ABA Fourth Circuit Conference, Finding Your Legal Niche
- Basic School Military Law Course, Military Law and the Uniform Code of Military Justice
- Republic of Georgia Training Program, Law of War and Rules of Engagement
- DIILS - Mali Army Human Rights and Law of War, Human Rights and Law of War